Joplin Eagles Television (JET-14)
JET-14 can be viewed on channel 14 on Cable One. The station offers student created programming including district news, Eagle sports, coverage of district performances, public service announcements, and much more!
Get JET–14 Programming on the Web or on your iPhone!
No Cable Connection? Check Out JET-14 On Demand! Videos you want to watch – When you want to watch them.JET-14 Programming On The Web:
Bookmark your browser to visit JET–14 programming by following these steps one time. Upon bookmarking the site, you will be able to access JET-14 programming quickly on the web!
- Go to www.tvguide.com
- Select “What’s On TV” and click "TV Listings".
- On the TV Listings page, click “Change My Listings”.
- Enter the zip code: 64801
- You will now see the programming guides for the area cable providers.
- Select “Cable One of Joplin"
- You will now see the local offerings on Cable One. Scroll down and select “JET-14”.
- Bookmark the page, and you will have the latest JET-14 programming at your fingertips!
Use your iPhone to stay in tune with what is playing on JET–14 while on the go. Follow these steps one time to download the FREE application and add JET-14 as one of your favorite channels!
- From your iPhone or iPod Touch, click here to link to the TV Guide Mobile application.
- This is a free application that will require you to enter your iTunes password and download.
- Once downloaded, enter the zip code: 64801
- You will now see the programming guides for the area cable providers. Select “Cable One of Joplin”
- You will now see the local offerings on Cable One. Select “JET-14”.
- You can make JET-14 a favorite by selecting “Add Favorite Channel”.
Joplin Schools launched JET-14 (Joplin Eagles Television) on March 1st, 2005.
The district received a Funds for Improvement in Education Grant from the Department of Education to purchase over $180,000.00 worth of industry standard television equipment for students to utilize in operating the station. In addition, Cable One has offered the district one of their cable channels to broadcast on. The district constructed a 1,300 square foot building that serves as the actual studio. This structure is connected to the Timothy T. Reynolds Multimedia Center located on the Joplin High School campus. The Reynolds building was built in 1997 through the fund raising efforts of the Joplin Schools Foundation.
Joplin Schools currently offers five periods per day in Television Production and one Sports Broadcasting class and has a waiting list of students who wish to enter the program. Joplin Schools has a 13-year history of producing programming and broadcasting live board of education meetings to the community of Joplin.